GOOD FOR YOU
- 3 cups uncooked string beans, washed
and well-drained, cut into bite-sized
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp. jalapeño pepper, seeded
and minced or 1 medium Thai chile,
seeded and minced*
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup light coconut milk, divided
- 2 Tbsp. green curry paste**
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce, (nam pla**)
- 1 Tbsp. minced lemon grass**
- 1 lb. uncooked boneless skinless
chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced basil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or cooked
Steam green beans in a steamer basket on stove or in a microwave, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add jalapeno or chile and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of coconut milk, curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce and lemon grass; bring to a simmer.
Add chicken and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add string beans and basil (mixture may separate). Add remaining 1/4 cup of coconut milk (sauce will be smooth again). Simmer until hot, about 1 minute more; remove garlic clove and serve over rice.
Yields about 1 cup of chicken-string
bean mixture and 1/2 cup of rice per