Stir-Fried Chicken with Broccoli, Red Peppers and Cashews
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ginger root, finely chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 lg. sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups uncooked broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 20 cashews, roasted, unsalted, roughly chopped
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, half teaspoon of sesame oil, ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until starting to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes; remove to a plate.
Add remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil, pepper and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet, pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more; toss with remaining half teaspoon of sesame oil. Sprinkle on cashews and serve.
Makes about 13/4 cup per serving.